Tuesday, May 5, 2009

twin cities :: chicago :: detroit

i just had a great weekend. it's amazing to jump on a plane, go up in the air and come down and in minutes, you're where you want to be. that's how it seemed when i took my flight detroit and back with a short connection in chicago. thank you northwest airlines (now part of delta) for being on time on all my flights.

i only fly about once in two years so i enjoy it but i know if i had to do it all the time i would hate it. especially if it was my job. but for the little i do it, i love it.

it was also the first time flying alone and not with a group of people or my family. i sat next to boring people who slept and didn't ask me ten million questions (i enjoy talking to strangers and people watching). and one flight there was a vacant seat next to me which was nice.

my reason for travel: my cousin's wedding. the wedding was great. the reception was fancy. i had the assigned job of praying for the reception dinner. i kept it short and simple; the way the couple wanted it.

i'd have to say the highlight of my weekend was spending time with all of my friends at northwestern college. i miss them so much and we were able to catch up. my friends are engaged, half-price appetizers never tasted so good and hugs were exchanged.

now it's back to work which is hard to do after a weekend of play.

1 comment:

  1. i really like this post.
    and i feel exactly the same way about flying.
    i love the feeling during take-off.
    it's like a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete