Tuesday, June 23, 2009

it's here!

Yesterday I received Religion Saves and Nine other Misconceptions. This means I have homework and some serious blogging to do. Here is an excerpt from the letter I received from Crossway Books and Mike Anderson.


Dear Bryant,

You are one of the 80 chosen out of hundreds of bloggers who signed up to review Religion Saves. We chose you because we felt your blog is authentic, sincere, and you're likely to write a thoughtful response to Religion Saves.

----------------------------

I was shocked and delighted that I was chosen. I didn't think my blog would be chosen because of my lack of consistent blogging. Also, my blog doesn't have a consistent theme. However, they just must know my potential.

So here it comes. I have 10 blogs coming. The introduction and the nine misconceptions. So lastly, I'll leave you with a great quote.

"Religious people mistakenly think that they are saving people from such things as a fruitless life, sinful sex, bad relationships, unholy humor, wayward churches, evil birth control, and what they call 'strange fire.' However, religion never saved anyone, and religious answers to complex questions are simply misconceptions."


2 comments:

  1. ooh. i'm excited about this!

    ps. we miss you. when are you coming to visit?

    pps. bethlehem is here and when they did their "dance, cooks, dance" cheer yesterday after supper.. we actually did a dance routine for them.

    ppps. almost nobody here at camp knew about your blog until yesterday when i told them. i think you are going to have several new readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Including me!! I had no idea Bryant. You need to tell us these things! I'm going to check yours every day. And you better have something.

    (We do miss you.)

    ReplyDelete