Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Religion Saves......not!

I am sorry. I need to blog more. I have so many things I want to share. But this morning, I got another reason to blog. I was chosen to review the book, "Religion Saves and Nine Other Misconceptions" by Mark Driscoll. Which means I get a free copy of it! Also, I get it before everyone else! I'm super pumped about this.

In the book, Driscoll writes about the fact that religion cannot save anyone. Doing good things, going to a Christian church, or being "spiritual" does not make you a Christian at all. I'm not even a fan of using the word, "saved" due to the movie and the negative reactions to the word. Then, Driscoll addresses the nine issues: birth control, humor, predestination, grace, sexual sin, faith and works, dating, the emerging church, and the regulative principle.

My goal for this week is to blog every weekday. If I don't blog, make sure you give me hard time.

1 comment:

  1. i will give you a hard time. so you better stick with it.

    ReplyDelete